Life is tough. It doesn't matter who you are or what you do, we all have to face many difficult and stressful situations. Being at the effect of life can leave us feeling stressed, worried, angry, confused and frustrated. And the way we feel affects everything in our lives. When we feel bad, everything seems much worse than it is. A bad mood is like a filter that prevents us from seeing the positive things in life. Every little thing seems like another irritation. If that's something you can relate to -- take heart -- we all know what it's like to feel stressed and frustrated. The important thing is to have the tools to recover quickly and naturally, find yourself again, and get back on track. Here are four tips to help you relax the body and mind:
1. Take a Break When things are starting to get out of hand and you can feel yourself reaching threshold, STOP. Finish what you're doing. Take a break before you start anything new. If someone is driving you mad, make an excuse and leave the room! Go and take a walk. Get some fresh air, find some calm within and then prepare yourself to get stuck in again!
2. Listen to Relaxing Music Music can have a powerful effect on your state. I'm sure there have been times when you heard a piece of music and suddenly you felt great. We all know songs that make you tap your foot or remind you of being in love. Create a collection of music to help you relax and feel good. Make a tape of those songs that make you smile to help you unwind. Play it as often as you can...when you're at home, when you're working, when you're in your car. You'll be surprised how good you'll begin to feel.
3. Avoid Stimulants Tea, coffee, fizzy drinks and chocolate all contain caffeine. Over the course of the day, this can add to your stress level considerably. Why not prepare yourself a healthy alternative? Bottled water, freshly squeezed fruit juice and herbal teas are excellent for maintaining your body's natural water balance and helping you keep cool under pressure.
4. Use A Soothing Voice Use a relaxed and soothing tone of voice, not just out loud, but also when you talk to yourself. A soft, low, melodious tone opens up the relaxation circuits in your mind and helps you stay calm even in heated situations. A friend of mine once told me "Life is a struggle. But once you accept that, it becomes a lot easier." We can learn to deal with life's challenges by setting aside some time to go to work on ourselves, developing a state of acceptance. When we can learn to calm our minds and separate ourselves from our problems, we are on the road to significant improvement.
5. For more tips and secrets, get the full Meditation E-Course here:
By Matt Clarkson
Author of "Secrets of Meditation, Energy and Manifestation
Want to quiet the mind, supercharge your energy level & manifest what you truly desire in life? We've created a free audio e-course with meditation techniques to get you started. You'll get guided meditations to help you transform your life from the inside-out.If your happiness is important, click here.
Labels: Simple Ways to Relax the Body and Mind