Kiwi fruit is high in nutritional value and it is a nutritional power house when compared to
other popular fruits.
Kiwi fruit is rich in vitamins and minerals.It has twice the
vitamin C content compared to oranges and five timesmore nutrient content
compared to apples making it a super food.
It is also a good source of vitamin E, potassium, folic
acid, carotinoids, antioxidents and trace minerals.
Kiwi Fruit Nutrition Facts
Folic content 38.2ug
Glycemic index Number 48.5
Kiwi Fruit Health Benefits
- Vitamin C content helps to boost immunity.
- High fibre content improves digestion.
- Folic content benefits pregnant women.
- Magnesium content is vital for normal body functions.
- Vitamin E helps fight age related macular degeneration.
- Its glycemic index number makes it suitable for diabetes.
- Its low fat and low sodium level makes it ideal for patients
with heart disease and diabetes and also helps weight loss.
- Its antioxidant property helps reduce blood pressure and
high cholesterol level.
Due to the presence of rich organic soil and favourable climatic conditions, New Zeeland produces the best quality Kiwi Fruits.
Labels: Health, Health Tips